Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 29th: Grave Encounters 2 (2012, Netflix)

Being a huge fan of the first entry in this two-some of films, I expected a lot out of this one.  I really wasn't let down.

What I'm going to say isn't going to bring down or drag down or spoil anything too much for people watching this film: it's meta.  100%  The whole concept behind Grave Encounters 2 is that Grave Encounters was a real supernatural encounter that took place and was turned into a film to make money off of it.

That's the entire first act of the film.  It explains that.  You really won't miss that much with that spoiler.

This film differs from its parent film buy explaining a lot more about what's going on and by making the supernatural presence much more palpable.  The final scene of the first movie plays heavily into this one puts a character into the film we didn't expect to see.

I thoroughly found this to be a more terryfing film than the first one, given that I cared much more about many of the characters and a the story seemed to make a lot more sense than the first one.  I give this film a great big old "GO AND SEE IT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment