Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 26th: Mockingbird (2014, Netflix)

This was a strange one.  Not Dead Girl strange, but strange.  The premise is that an unknown and unseen force sends cameras to three unsuspecting people and use the people by means of psycological torture, a scavenger hunt and threatening children.

It's a solid effort at a unique movie, but it ultimately left me unsatisfied.  I found a lot of points of the movie to be more confusion than anything and had no connection to any of the characters.  Tom & Emmy love their kids and are driven insane by the outside force.  Leonard is a loser who dresses up like a clown and is sent on a scavenger hunt.  The last character I can't even recall a name, but she was a sad and isolated college student.

Through a series of increasingly bizarre requests, demands and videos: all three groups meet up.  I honestly feel like that is the best I can describe the film.  I had fun with it, I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment